Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 13.07.2005, 18:57   #393
VannDamm

AGFC
Гость

По умолчанию Re: Gothic 3: Слухи и Факты

Просили перевода, выкладываю, так более понятно, на русский уж извольте... :)

Our man used interview with Michael Hoge

Im Rahmen of the Bochum event on site the favour of the hour and contorted with Game designer Michael Hoge in a quiet little corner to irritate him substantially with questions. The result is a rather extensive interview with interesting insights.

AP: Hello, please position yourselves to our readers shortly before.

MH: Yes, I am Michael Hoge, founder of piranha bytes and Game designer for ' Gothic 3 ' and do alongside still other things like KI, Scripting and something like that. With us in the company it is just in such a way that many work area-covering, hence, one cannot establish, actually, at all so surely who does what with us, but in my case fits Game designer I believe quite well.

AP: You work now already quite a while on ' Gothic 3 '. What are the main aspects and experiences from the first both parts which you rework, want to extend or change?

MH: Thus I do that now sometimes regardless of priorities, but grad in such a way as it occurs to me. What occurs to me there are navigation and road search, we had there partly quite good attempts, also already with ' Gothic 1 '. We have, for example, a road net by which the monsters orientate themselves. If you stand, for example, on top on a cliff and a monster under yourself, it follows the road net and tries to come up outside around to you.
It happens in many plays that monsters run in such a situation below before the wall and do not come up or get stuck, otherwise, anyhow. We want to avoid such a thing in ' Gothic 3 ' completely, there should be no getting stuck monsters. It had always been our purpose with 'Gothic' that we form the world vividly. And it is in such a way that getting stuck NPCs or herumzappelnde monsters destroy immediately the illusion of a living world.The of less of such events you have in a play, the more reliably also becomes the play world. Another point are the animations. In the animation system of the first both parts it was in such a way that the data have steered the expiry. If you have now defective data or not clean animations, leads in addition that the characters move jerkily and improbably. We want to improve this in ' Gothic 3 ' also, so that we have by far more liquid and softer motion sequences. *If you have now defective data or not clean animations, leads in addition that the characters move jerkily and improbably. We want to improve this in ' Gothic 3 ' also, so that we have by far more liquid and softer motion sequences. In sum better movement of the NPCs within the level together with softer motion sequences, so that the whole animation does a big step forwards. *Many people have criticized at that time that the animations have not been so good, thus we also want to improve there. The Gameplay in itself remains as well as is and to accept some Features we. It will be also possible, for example to attack bigger groups of NPCs which sit down then also accordingly to the weir. With ' Gothic 1 + 2 ' it was, for instance, already in such a way that we had dependence in the camps. You could tangle possibly with a guardsman in the old camp which hates you then and about which internal news system other tells about it which also hate you then, however, has never had a real reaction to it. If you have got then to lure the guardsman from the town, you could do him without reaction and consequences completely in complete silence abmurksen. We also want to improve this in the third part. There is not only a KI for single characters, but even for whole towns or factions which can also send together news. The stage of development 1 of this system should soon flow in and provide for the fact that themselves townsmen can better co-ordinate together.

AP: How does it look content? Do the ideas not go out to you after two ready parts with an add-on slowly?

MH: Anyway, only our problem is just to be successful internationally, one needs - just if one comes from Germany - also an international Publisher which does internationally the PR and expels the thing. Our present Publisher has done a good job in Germany, however, depends internationally also on cooperations with established partners because there no own structures exist. The success depends at last on whether we find suitable partners, also really interests are to bring the play in the stores. On it we have as a developer, however, no influence, this is of all thing of our Publishers.

AP: How was the feedback then in general from abroad?

MH: We have sold just in Europe and the Eastern bloc in awfully many lands 'Gothic, but of course only in relatively small numbers of pieces. Our problem is above all the North American market where went not a lot what was probably also due to the fact, among the rest that the play has come there about a year after completion only on the market and was rather unknown into the bargain. Besides, the graphic arts in the USA are a not insignificant factor, and if then, as said, a year lies between completion and publication, of it the graphic arts now become better not exactly. But the biggest problem is just that the play was nearly unknown in the US market, although I believe that there is already an amount of players over there who would be interested in it. We have got several times that players have asked for 'Gothic', but could nowhere buy the play. Then there the offer has simply been absent. But I already believe that we can reach there still something.